Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Another Day, Another Milestone

I'm happy to report to you all that I was successful today! I set out to run 1 mile away from my house, and return (2 miles total) without stopping. I honestly didn't think I would be able to, but I decided to go for it. The first mile was pretty easy. When I got to the end of the 1st leg and turned back home, I was still going strong. I had made it 1.5 miles with a little mental push. My legs were starting to lock up on me but I only had a little left to complete! I kept pushing, pushing, pushing. I could smell success. Only a few feet left! I did it. The feeling was unbelievable. There is a quote that I kept saying to myself in my head: "The pain you feel today will be the strength you feel tomorrow." ~ Robert Moore. I hope that you all got your runs in and please, please, PLEASE leave a comment denoting your distances! I would love to hear from all of you!

2 comments:

  1. Good job. Keep up the hard work. In no time you'll be able to do a 5k.

    I might be a little bit to the game but I'll post my Wednesday run. I did 2 miles in 19 minutes 48 seconds today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! That's a great pace. (I'm jealous). I actually didn't get to run today due to a sharp pain in my hip, but I'll be out there tomorrow! Beautiful weather here in Northern Illinois definitely helps motivate me. Make sure to check in with your distance tomorrow!

      Delete